Friday, October 21, 2005

Lots of words

I'm so pleased with what I've written. In long-hand it looks quite a lot, story-wise I've not covered that much. Which is probably quite a good thing.

My very first First Draft of the Prologue was 769 words long (thank goodness for Word Count) *lol* but I knew it had to be longer than that. As I said in an earlier entry I want to write something that is emotionally strong enough to affect my readers. It's not exactly spoiling the end of it to reveal that Rachel (the accused woman) dies. I feel that for people to connect with her more they need to know her better, so writing in more detail will help that.

I'm still in the process of typing it up to see how much I've written, but I've already got 1200 words just in my ducking scene. I think there's at least that much in the torture scene so far and I've hardly started!

1 comment:

Feena said...

*lol* I am, but not sure my Mum is!! I started telling her about different torture methods on the coach down and only got as far as the men twisting the stick through the plait before she went a bit green and changed the subject. Not sure what the old people sitting in front and behind thought!!