Thursday, October 06, 2005

I've got a headache...

Late night next door with the neighbours. He works in Saudi Arabia and is over here for a couple of weeks so they invited us round for a party. They kept 'forcing' red wine on me and it would have been rude to decline. Scotch eggs and mini sausage rolls don't really soak up that much alcohol! Still, I can't really use that as an excuse completely because we came back home at @ 11 pm and I was up until nearly 3 am on the Net *very bad* especially when I'm working the next day!!

I'm writing this (on paper) at work at the start of a meeting. Everyone else is eating lunch but I'm not hungry so I'm doing this instead. Usually when I write at work I do it straight onto my email, ready to send at a moment's notice if my boss walks in! *lol*

I really will have to be careful that I don't spend all my time writing my blog instead of my book. I'm going to Eastbourne in a couple of weeks so I'm determined to only write TWH while I'm away.

4 comments:

Susan said...

You should have said Thanks but no thanks since wine gives me bad headaches and that isn't being rude.
Good Luck on the book..

Feena said...

*lol* I'm glad you know where I'm coming from on that.

I'll try that next time, you're right it wouldn't be rude to say that :-)

Scottish Toodler said...

MMMMM scotch eggs and red wine... Wish I'd been there!!! (You probably think I'm joking-- but I'm really not!!!) Glad to see you are writing, and especially glad you are doing it on company time!!!!!

Feena said...

That makes me so bad doesn't it!!! *hehe* I only really do it when I'm up-to-date with all my work stuff, but I don't need too much self-encouragement ;-)