Monday, September 26, 2005

Spam, Spam, Spam, Spam

*cue Monty Python song*

I logged on here again and got really excited because I had two new comments (and how sad is that anyway *lol*). I did hope they were going to be nice, but even if not at least someone had read it and been prepared to leave a comment.

But, when I read the first one I was really disappointed. It started off lovely, "I was browsing, I saw your blog, it's really interesting, etc.", but then it carried on, "by the way, if you're thinking of buying a house in Florida I can sort out a great mortgage deal for you." I guessed it was just an advert but I checked the link anyway, and sure enough it was.

Never mind, I thought, at least there's another one.

It was a whole deja vu thing, word for word, except that this nice kind person could arrange a really great financial plan for this house that I'm going to buy in Florida!

I know it's not just an Internet thing (like most people I get loads of mail at home too but usually that's just "have a loan/credit card/win a million pounds on the Reader's Digest competition". As an aside, has anyone actually won a Reader's Digest prize??? Anyway, although I don't really mind getting spammy emails (they're easy to delete and I don't get hundreds...possibly not the best thing to admit because I might get loads now *lol*) I was really disappointed about getting spam comments here.

They're easy to delete as well (as you can see because they're not here anymore) but I felt really bad about it! I'd actually got comments and now I was getting rid of them!

And, when the day comes that I decide I do want to buy a house in Florida I won't be able to get a great mortgage and financial plan because I've deleted the links!!!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

SPAM certainly is a pain in the ass....you might want to turn on that pesky word verification thingy. It's hassle when leaving comments, but it drastically reduces SPAM.

Feena said...

I think I might, I'll see if I get much more then change it if I do.

Feena said...

Thanks for the suggestion mentalexcrements and don swift, I've switched that on.