Saturday, February 25, 2006

I feel like some pictures - Scotland

I've been on holiday to Scotland lots of times, it's one of my favourite places, especially the Outer Hebrides, a group of islands off the north-west coast of Scotland. I had a book on Skye when I was younger and there was a picture of a house in it that I was determined to buy when I got lots of money. When I went there on holiday I made my Mum drive round the island until we found it!!



We went on a trip to Lewis and saw the Callanish Stones, I love ancient monuments, especially mystical ones.



One of the things I love about the Islands is the beaches. With the white sand and the azure sea it's hard to remember you're actually looking at the Atlantic Ocean!



Now I'm getting all nostalgic for Scotland...I think I need to go there again on holiday.

2 comments:

Scottish Toodler said...

I feel the same way!!! I hope you can go on Holiday soon!!!

Yewtree said...

Lovely photos - the sea reminds me of the west coast of Ireland.

We're going on holiday to Corfu this year - hurrah!