Thursday, February 16, 2006

Very Short Update

I might as well just copy+paste from earlier posts.... I failed my driving test again - for the third time!!!

My manoeuvres went okay this time because I didn't have to parallel park. It was the rest that was rubbish. My gears went to pot, I tried to pull out of a junction in third instead of first, I stalled twice, I was bloody useless!!!

I have put in for it again - March 18th. It's so expensive so I better pass soon. The test is £55 (more expensive on a Saturday) and £38 for a two-hour lesson.

I hate driving.

1 comment:

Scottish Toodler said...

55 pounds!!!! OMG!!!! Have you tried visualising yourself successfully passing? It does work! The trick is to imagine it in "real time" as if it is actually happening, and to focus on something like the paper saying "passed" or hearing the examiner saying "excellent" and not getting so specific that if the weather and driving conditions don't match what you envisioned you lose the feeling when you actually take the test... does that make sense? Before I quit smoking I would visualize myself at the pub, and everyone was going out to smoke, but I wasn't and I had no urge to. (And then I was forever stuck, after I quit, watching everyone seats! But it worked!!)